Garden Profiles: La carotte - the carrot

Photo credit: unknown

As planting season gets closer and closer we decided that we would have a series of blog posts dedicated to gardening. But since this can sometimes be a dry subject, we decided to spice things with out sexy vegetables series.

La carotte
Je vaux la peine. Je raffole du soleil, je suis riche en Vitamine A et ta mère t’a toujours dit que j’étais bonne pour les yeux ;) Plante mes graines en rangée, à un quart de pouce de la surface et dans un sol fin car les sols ardus briment ma peau douce. Après ce premier contact, tu ne me verras pas ne serais-ce que sortir de terre avant 3 semaines mais quand finalement j’apparaîtrai tu pourras me déguster dans toutes sortes de plats. Pèle-moi pour des collations rapides à tout moment de la journée, coupe-moi en rondelles dans des salades, bouille-moi pour des potages, mélangeons-nous à des patates pilées, Laisse-moi baigner dans un rôti ou un crockpot… Les possibilités abondent avec moi : la carotte!

The carrot
I’m worth the wait. Rich in vitamin A, your mother always told you that I’m good for your eyesight. Plant us in rows of fine soil; rocks cramp our style. It may take three weeks for me to even sprout from the ground but when I’m ready you can enjoy me in a variety of dishes. Grate me up for salads or peel and slice me for delicious summer soups. I like lots of sunlight and to be planted only a quarter of an inch from the surface and thinned out once in a while (our mothers never taught us to share soil).

-merissa & marie-pier

No comments