“45.4257, -75.6873”



Someday I will be reclined in a psychologist’s lounge chair rhyming off coordinates and datums because I will have finally gone crazy from all the mapping projects I get myself into. Sigh, until then I have found myself a new task for maps on campus.

Foursquare: a tool that allows users to explore their surroundings and discover new places.
If you use Facebook, you may have noticed that you have a few friends that are constantly “checking-in” to random spots including restaurants, clubs, school buildings, etc. Personally, my phone is not legit enough to handle such applications but I can appreciate the GPS technology used by the program and apparently still get assigned the task of taking advantage of the sustainable capabilities of the service.

You may recall me ranting this summer about mapping sustainable transportation on campus and my upcoming accessibility mapping projects- this is a continuation of green mapping and involves plotting useful “tips” as they seem to be called in foursquare. These tips would include sustainable services on campus, water fountains, bus stops, etc. which would spread sustainable awareness.

In saying all of this, I am sort of a n00b when it comes to foursquare and frankly, this “badge” and “superuser” stuff has got me a tad confused but here’s to hoping I can sort through it and get some of this info out there that students, staff and visitors can access on campus.

The Office of Campus Sustainability on FourSquare

-merissa

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Way to go! :)